Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
Photography Courtesy MilkMeansMore.Org
Featured in November/December 2020
8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
⅓ cup sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup peppermint baking pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cream cheese in a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and peppermint extract; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and beat mixture until it is blended.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, and salt until combined. In a separate bowl whisk sugar, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Pour brownie batter evenly into prepared pan. Carefully pour cheesecake batter over top, spreading evenly. Carefully swirl layers together using a knife tip. Bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of brownies with peppermint baking pieces and bake 10 minutes more until brownies are set. Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting into 16 squares. Makes 16 servings.
Recipe courtesy MilkMeansMore.org