Biscuit-Sausage Mushroom Casserole
Photography Courtesy Culinary.net
Featured in Spring 2023
1 16-ounce package pork sausage
1 12-ounce package bacon
8 tablespoons butter
½ cup flour
4 cups milk
1 8-ounce package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
½ teaspoon salt
Nonstick cooking spray
1 12-ounce can flaky biscuits
- In a pan over medium-high heat cook pork sausage until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and drain.
- Chop bacon into small pieces. In a separate pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt 6 tablespoons of the butter. Add flour; whisk until smooth. Cook on low heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until bubbly and thickened. Add sausage, bacon, and mushrooms; mix well.
- In large bowl combine eggs, evaporated milk, and salt. Using a whisk, beat until blended.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt remaining butter. Add egg mixture; cook until firm but moist, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spoon half the egg mixture into bottom of baking dish. Top with half the gravy mixture. Repeat layers.
- Separate biscuit dough and cut into quarters. Top sauce with biscuit quarters, points facing up. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is heated and biscuits are golden brown. Makes 12 servings.
Recipe courtesy Culinary.net