Photography Courtesy Culinary.net
Featured in Spring 2023
2¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄3 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vegetable oil
1¼ cups sugar
1 1⁄3 cups shredded carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
2⁄3 cups walnuts
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
¾ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. In a mixing bowl cream together oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Gradually add carrots and crushed pineapple.
- Add the dry mixture to wet ingredients and beat until smooth. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into two lightly greased 8-inch round cake pans and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely. Remove cakes from pans and slice off tops to level cakes.
- To make frosting: In a mixing bowl cream together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Spread two large spoonfuls of frosting over top of one cake and stack second cake on top. Frost entire cake with remaining frosting. Makes 16 servings.
Recipe courtesy Culinary.net