Strawberry Rhubarb Soup
4 cups diced strawberries
4 cups diced rhubarb
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup sugar
¼ cup water
¼ cup orange juice
2 cups Cool Whip or homemade whipped topping, for garnish
10–12 strawberries, for garnish
½ cup strawberry yogurt, optional
- Combine diced strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let cook on low to medium heat for about 20 to 25 minutes. Cook less or more depending on how thick you want the soup to be.
- Pour ingredients into a blender and liquefy.
- Soup can be served cold or warm. Keep soup refrigerated.
- Garnish with Cool Whip or whipped topping and serve a strawberry on top. If desired, swirl in strawberry yogurt. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe courtesy Marsha Kephart of Carlisle.