Holiday Roast with Red Pepper Cranberry Sauce
Photography Courtesy OmahaSteaks.com
Featured in November/December 2020
1 2-pound Chateaubriand roast
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons canola oil
Favorite meat rub
Red Pepper Cranberry Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium red bell peppers, finely diced
1 cup red wine
¼ cup red wine vinegar
⅓ cup sugar
2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
6 tablespoons dried cranberries
6 tablespoons dried currants
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Using butcher’s twine, tie roast to maintain shape. Coat all sides with 2 tablespoons of the canola oil and season with rub.
- In a medium skillet heat remaining oil. Sear all sides of roast 2 minutes each.
- Place roast in roasting pan and bake 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high. Add olive oil and diced peppers; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to boiling, then turn temperature to low and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is mostly evaporated and thickened.
- Top each meat serving with Red Pepper Cranberry Sauce. Makes 2 cups sauce.
Recipe courtesy OmahaSteaks.com