Dreamy Chocolate Mousse
Photography Courtesy Culinary.net
Featured in July/August 2021
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, plus chocolate shavings (optional)
40 large marshmallows
2¼ cups heavy cream
- In a large bowl combine chopped chocolate, marshmallows, and ½ cup of the heavy cream. Microwave 2 minutes on high or until marshmallows are melted. Let mixture cool 1 hour.
- Using a mixer, whip the remaining heavy cream until soft peaks form. Reserve and refrigerate ½ cup whipped cream for topping.
- Fold 2 cups of the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Add remaining whipped cream (not the ½ cup reserved) and mix until combined.
- Spoon mousse into ramekins. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, top with the ½ cup reserved whipped cream and, if desired, sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Makes 4 to 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy Culinary.net