Baked Vegetarian Taquitos
Photography Courtesy Success Rice
Featured in Spring 2023
1 bag brown rice
1 cup packed shredded collard greens
¼ cup frozen corn
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2⁄5 cup canned pumpkin puree
1½ tablespoons taco seasoning
8 6-inch flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sour cream, for dipping
Salsa, for dipping
Guacamole, for dipping
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare rice according to package directions; add collard greens and corn to water during last 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Drain rice and vegetables; transfer to saucepan. Stir in black beans, pumpkin puree, and taco seasoning.
- Spoon 1⁄3 cup rice mixture into center of one tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Monterey Jack cheese. Roll up tightly. Place, seamside down, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas, filling, and cheese. Brush taquitos with olive oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted through.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole for dipping. Garnish with cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy Success Rice